Saturday, August 18, 2012

8/17/12 - Blacks - Part2

Cut out of work a little early and headed down solo for the round two afternoon session around 4pm.  It was a beautiful summer day and really hot so it definitely felt good to get in the water.  Paddled out around 4:30pm and the waves were actually a little bit better than they were in the morning.  Most were in the waist to chest range with the very occasional larger sets coming through about every ten minutes.  The sets were really showing from the expected south swell and were mainly hitting south to middle peak with it occasionally swinging wide to the north.  Started on the north side of middles and then ended up working my way into the crowd to get some.  The lefts were a lot better which is typical of the souths and many were makable with a few close outs. The water was super warm and ended up having to take the top part of my wetsuit off just to cool down a bit.  Tide was just on the way when I first got out and was swinging pretty good at 4-5ft. Stayed out for 3 hours total and definitely could feel it on the walk up.  I could feel my feet blistering on the front so the hike up the gliderport section was a little painful.  As soon as I got home I had to put the feet on ice since it felt like they were burning up but that is what happens when you run down that trail twice in one day with no shoes.

No comments: