Sunday, July 8, 2012

7/8/12 - Blacks

Woke up this morning around 5:30am and checked the conditions.  I almost didn't pull after seeing the 7 mph winds from the North but decided to head down anyways to meet Russ and get a little exercise.  The waves were little on the inconsistant side with the best sets rolling though on south peak as was expected with the 210 degree primary swell at roughly 3ft and close to 17 second intervals.   Paddled out into the crowd at first and then got tired of waiting for the set so then went more north for the more consistant shore break.  As I was sitting in the pack waiting for a set one of the guys claimed he saw a shark heading my direction but I didn't think much of it since we all know they are out there.  Then about 30 seconds later I saw what looked like a small 6-8ft shark pass directly underneath me.  I never saw any dolphins surface for air or swimming around so it must of have been a shark...oh well.  Anyways caught really fun waist high lefts on the inside with some nice bowly reforms and got a few nice turns in as well.    Tide was flat around 7am and seemed to worse as it pushed in so decided to get out around 8:30.  On the way back up I recognized Jonah and he offered me a ride up so that is always a nice way to finish your session :)

No comments: