Sunday, March 11, 2012

3/11/12 - Blacks

First day of day light savings.  Paddled around 7am.  Tide was rising from it's low -.26 at 6am rising high at 12pm at 4ft at 12pm and and the waves were about waist high but were pretty fickle.  Seemed like the tide was never right and it was breaking like it was a high tide even though it wasn't.  The supposed south hasn't made it yet so just hit up the north peak.  I could see a to more people down south but it didn't look much better down there anyways.  Waves seemed like they would break well at first but would mostly mush out.  Wind was steady out of the south and the morning was chilly and gray.   A dolphin swam right under me as I duck dived a wave it was in and I could hear the loud high pitch noises really close as I put my head in the water.  Only stayed out for an hour an a half before Russ and I decided it was time for Peats.

No comments: